Lee Holdsworth has finished P6 in his first Top Ten Shootout with Preston Hire Racing at the Darwin TripleCrown for Round 6 of the Supercars Championship.
- Holdsworth finished P6 in Practice 1.
- Holdsworth qualified P7 on Sunday.
- Holdsworth finished P6 in the Top Ten Shootout.
- Holdsworth’s best Race Result for the weekend was P10.
- Holdsworth finished 10th Overall for the weekend.
Race 11 – Position 10
After qualifying just outside the Top Ten, Holdsworth began the Race in P11 and had a great start.
The team opted for an earlier pit stop on Lap 7, but the second set of tyres saw Holdsworth fight against understeer for the rest of the Race.
Heading out of the pit stop Holdsworth made a mistake on Turn 1 which lost him 2 positions, which he regained later in the Race to finish P10.
Holdsworth was happy with a Top Ten finish but believes he could have finished higher without his mistake.
Race 12 – Position 10
Holdsworth finished P7 in the Qualifying session, and made the Top 10 Shootout for the first time with Preston Hire Racing.
Holdsworth was 4th to take the track, and topped the three drivers ahead of him and later finished P6.
After a tough Race start Holdsworth was pushed wide and fell to P10, and opted for an early Pit Stop.
Holdsworth was later held up in his second and final pitstop, when the team Preston Hire Racing share their pit boom with (Brad Jones Racing) had a wheel gun failure, made an unintentional mistake and punched the wheel nut out of the wheel which had a costly 8 second delay.
As a result, Holdsworth lost 5 positions and finished the Race in P12.
“THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEKEND WAS MAKING IT INTO THE TOP TEN SHOOTOUT FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR PRESTON HIRE RACING. I’M REALLY PROUD OF THE TEAM, THERE’S NOTHING MORE THE TEAM COULD HAVE DONE IN SUNDAY’S RACE. THERE’S PLENTY OF POSITIVES TO TAKE AWAY AND I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEADING TO TOWNSVILLE.”
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for Round 7 of the Supercars Championship at the Townsville 400 on July 7-9, with all Races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERBOARD
- 1 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske: 1330 points
- 2 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 1320 points
- 3 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR Team Penske: 1314 points
- 4 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 1152 points
- 5 – Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing: 1026 points
- 13 – Lee Holdsworth: Preston Hire Racing – 723 points