Lee Holdsworth has produced a stellar Race 15 drive, climbing 9 places in the Saturdays short Race at the Ipswich SuperSprint for Round 8 of the Supercars Championship.
- Holdsworth finished P8 & P6 in Practice.
- Holdsworth’s best Race Result for the weekend was P12.
Race 15 – Position 12
Changing the car set up didn’t produce the ideal outcome for Holdsworth’s Qualifying session where he finished P21 while struggling with reduced grip.
The car was improved by the Team for the first Race and Holdsworth was able to be aggressive, charging through the field to finish in P12 within 39 Laps.
Holdsworth was happy with his result and the car after it was transformed in between Qualifying and the Race.
Race 16 – Position 20
Another tough Qualifying saw Holdsworth finish P19, and was later penalised 2 Grid Positions for blocking Car 888 and began the Race in P21.
Holdsworth was P13 when the Safety Car was sent out with 10 Laps remaining in the 200KM Race.
Without fresh tyres like the rest of the field Holdsworth was battered and overtaken after the restart to finish in P20.
Unfortunately the tough Race Result pushed Holdsworth down into 13th in the Championship Standings.
“WE WORKED HARD TO MOVE FORWARD INTO P13 BEFORE THE SAFETY CAR. UNFORTUNATELY MOST OF THE CARS BEHIND US PITTED FOR FRESH TYRES WHICH MEANT WE WERE A SITTING DUCK FOR THE REST OF THE RACE.”
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for Round 9 of the Supercars Championship at the Sydney SuperSprint on August 18-20, with all Races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERBOARD
- 1 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR Team Penske: 1896 points
- 2 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 1767 points
- 3 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske: 1663 points
- 4 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 1635 points
- 5 – Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing: 1545 points
- 13 – Lee Holdsworth: Preston Hire Racing – 969 points