Preston Hire Racing has fought against the elements for Round 2 of the Supercars Championship at the Tasmania SuperSprint.
- Holdsworth finished practice in P8, P7 and P14 in the Practice Sessions.
- Holdsworth finished P11 in Race 3.
Race 3 – Position 11
Holdsworth started Race 1 in P20, after a tough Qualifying session saw him start at the back of the grid.
Hitting the track in the rain, Holdsworth saw the trouble up ahead on the second lap and dodged drivers from infront and behind before slowing down to miss the drama.
Holdsworth was the one of the only drivers that managed to avoid the 12-car pileup as it happened, and navigated his way through the smash as the safety car came out.
The Race was suspended for over half an hour while the debris and cars were cleared and two more laps were completed under safety car, and Holdsworth finished P11.
Supercars declared the race non-for points later in the night.
Race 4 – Position 17
After a full night and day of rain at Symmons Plains Holdsworth qualified in P11, which is where he remained for the majority of the race.
Following a series of tight battles, Holdsworth was pushed out wide by Todd Kelly in a great passing move and unfortunately locked his tyres in the wet conditions which sent him into the gravel trap.
The safety car was activated but Holdsworth was able to rejoin the race three laps down to finish P17.
“OVERALL IT WAS A VERY STRANGE WEEKEND. WE SHOWED SOME CAR SPEED THAT WE BACKED UP FROM THE AGP WHICH IS PROMISING. WE ARE STILL 15TH IN THE POINTS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO CARRYING SOME SPEED TO PHILLIP ISLAND AND HAVING A NICE DRY RUN.”
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERBOARD
- 1 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 384 points
- 2 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR: 364 points
- 3 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 333 points
- 4 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR: 330 points
- 5 – Cameron Waters – Prodrive Australia: 312 points
- 15 – Lee Holdsworth: Preston Hire Racing – 171 points