Lee Holdsworth has fought against a series of on-track clashes to climb back into 12th in the Championship Standings at the Townsville 400 for Round 7 of the Supercars Championship.
- Holdsworth qualified P12 on Saturday.
- Holdsworth’s best Race Result for the weekend was P12.
- Holdsworth is back into 12th in the Championship Standings.
Race 13 – Position 12
In a tight Qualifying session, Holdsworth was one hundredth of a second outside of the Top 10 and finished P12.
Starting the Race on the 6th Row, Holdsworth was caught in a clash on the opening lap on Turn 2 which forced his driver’s door to jam open.
A mechanical black flag was issued and Holdsworth had to head into the Pits to repair it, and a change in strategy saw Holdsworth recover well.
Holdsworth finished 12th on track however due to penalties to James Moffat after reckless driving into Tim Slade, he was relegated to 11th spot.
Race 14 – Position 15
Holdsworth qualified P15 for the final Townsville Race, and missed out on the Top 10 Shootout.
On the opening lap of the Race Holdsworth was boxed out and was caught out wide, dropping back into P22.
With a good strategy the team was able to bring Holdsworth back into the top half of the field, and he finished in P15.
“THE TEAM DID A GREAT JOB THIS WEEKEND WITH THE STRATEGY AND WE HAVE REASONABLE CAR SPEED AND SALVAGED SOME POINTS WHICH IS GOOD.”
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for Round 8 of the Supercars Championship at the Ipswich SuperSprint on July 28-30, with all Races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERBOARD
- 1 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR Team Penske: 1608 points
- 2 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 1602 points
- 3 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske: 1450 points
- 4 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 1377 points
- 5 – Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing: 1257 points
- 12 – Lee Holdsworth: Preston Hire Racing – 855 points