Lee Holdsworth has finished P12 in Race 21 at the Sydney SuperNight 300 over the weekend for Round 10 of the Supercars Championship.
Race 21 – Position 12
Holdsworth had a tough start to the inaugural Sydney SuperNight 300 event, with a power steering component failure putting the #18 in the garage for the majority of the session.
Holdsworth finished P8 in Qualifying 1, but the tiered format meant he was unable to advance further, and despite having the 13th quickest time he began Race 21 from P20.
The #18 pilot had a great Race and in combination with a great strategy, Holdsworth took his third and final pit stop under Safety Car and rejoined the race in P13.
Holdsworth claimed another position after the restart and finished the Race in P12, 8 positions up from where he began.
“HAVEN’T HAD A CAR LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE. P12 IS GOOD FOR THE TEAM, THERE’S A BIT OF HOPE NOW. HOPEFULLY WE’VE FOUND A LITTLE BIT IN THE CAR AND IT’S SOMETHING WE WILL BENEFIT FROM FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.”
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for the OTR SuperSprint at The Bend Raceway, to be held on 24 – 26 August with all races to be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- 1 – Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing – 2579 points
- 2 – Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing – 2490 points
- 3 – Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing – 2146 points
- 4 – Craig Lowndes, Autobarn Racing – 2061 points
- 5 – David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 1838 points
- 21 – Lee Holdsworth, Preston Hire Racing – 906 points