Lee Holdsworth is looking to harness recent gains on the Preston Hire Commodore at the Auckland SuperSprint for Round 15 of the Supercars Championship this coming weekend.
Holdsworth is looking forward to heading across the Tasman to the only International Round on the Supercars Calendar, where he finished P10 in Saturday’s Race in 2017.
The two Races on New Zealand’s North Island will run for 70 Laps each with Sunday’s Race including a Top Ten Shootout to determine the Grid.
Holdsworth ran just outside of the Top Ten in Qualifying at the Gold Coast 600 earlier this month and believes recent gains should provide him with the opportunity to fight for a promising result.
“LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAD BACK OVER THE TASMAN TO PUKEKOHE. SUCH A FAST, BUMPY, CHALLENGING LITTLE CIRCUIT THAT PUTS ON AN EXCITING RACE EACH YEAR. THE RECENT GAINS WE’VE MADE WITH THE CAR SHOULD GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO FIGHT FOR A STRONG SHOWING.”
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for Round 15 of the Supercars Championship, the Auckland SuperSprint, to be held on November 2 – 4 with all races to be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- 1 – Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing – 3368 points
- 2 – Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing – 3354 points
- 3 – Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing – 2935 points
- 4 – Craig Lowndes, Autobarn Racing – 2925 points
- 5 – David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 2687 points
- 22 – Lee Holdsworth, Preston Hire Racing – 1167 points